Sumitomo to expand Philippine industrial park

TOKYO —

Sumitomo Corp has launched approximately 100 hectares expansion work of the First Philippine Industrial Park (FPIP) in the Philippines. FPIP is a joint venture project between Sumitomo Corporation and First Philippine Holdings Corporation (FPH). FPH is the core entity of the Lopez Group, a leading Philippine conglomerate listed in the Philippine Stock Exchange.

The First Philippine Industrial Park, in Santo Tomas, Tanauan City, Batangas Province, was founded in 1996 and is comprised of 349 hectares with factories and office buildings for 67 companies, including 37 Japanese firms. Sumitomo Group holds 30% while the remaining 70% is held by Lopez Group.

Among Asian nations where many Japanese manufactures have invested, the Philippines has been gaining power as an exporting nation supported by its attractive tax incentives as well as rich human resources equipped with English language skill. The Philippines has in fact raised exports by 7.7% year on year during the first half of fiscal 2012.

Since 2011, the foreign direct investment from Japanese manufacturers to the Philippines has been increasing. Sumitomo Corporation believes the Philippines will further increase its position as a strategic location for export-oriented industries compared to other Asian nations and thus the company has decided to launch this expansion project.

JCN Newswire

Login to leave a comment

OR
  •  Burmese Sales Staff

    Burmese Sales Staff
    Autocom Japan (オートコムジャパン株式会社)、Kanagawa
    Salary: ¥350,000 ~ ¥1.0M / Month Commission Based
  • Mongolian Sales Staff

    Mongolian Sales Staff
    Autocom Japan (オートコムジャパン株式会社)、Kanagawa
    Salary: ¥350,000 ~ ¥1.0M / Month Commission Based
  • GooglePlay Partner Operations Manager <English-Japanese Bilingual>

    GooglePlay Partner Operations Manager
    Link Marketing Inc. - 株式会社リンク・マーケティング、Tokyo
    Salary: ¥250,000 ~ ¥350,000 / Month
  • GooglePlay Partner Operations Manager <English-Thai Bilingual>

    GooglePlay Partner Operations Manager
    Link Marketing Inc. - 株式会社リンク・マーケティング、Tokyo
    Salary: ¥250,000 ~ ¥350,000 / Month
  • Technical Support Engineer

    Technical Support Engineer
    株式会社 日本イントリピッド・コントロール・システムズ、Kanagawa
    Salary: ¥3.5M ~ ¥4.5M / Year Negotiable

More in Business

View all

View all