57 students suffer food poisoning
Fifty-seven students from a school in Kashihara, Nara Prefecture, were hospitalized for food poisoning on Sunday after they became sick at a hotel in Narita.
The students stayed overnight at the hotel after taking part in a marching band contest in Saitama on Saturday, TV Asahi reported. They had dinner at a hotel in Saitama at about 9 p.m. on Saturday before returning to their hotel in Narita.
According to police, the students started complaining of fever and began vomiting at about 8 a.m. Hotel staff called 119 and the students were taken to hospital.