Norovirus outbreak reported at Tokyo hotel
A restaurant at the Tokyo Prince Hotel in Minato Ward has been ordered closed from Friday to Sunday by health officials after an outbreak of norovirus caused by food poisoning.
According to TV Asahi, 76 members of a tour group that stayed at the hotel on Dec 12 and 13, became ill after eating at the Porto buffet restaurant. The tourists suffered vomiting and diarrhea.
Meanwhile, Tokyo government health officials said there were 12 cases of food poisoning in restaurants in December.