Student accidentally sets off fireworks on train
A 16-year-old male high school student accidentally set off fireworks inside a train on the JR Chuo line heading through Ena City, filling the carriage with smoke, on Sunday morning. No injuries were reported.
According to police, the incident occurred around 10 a.m. on a west-bound express train. The student, who was riding with around 10 friends at the front of the train, lit a firework, filling the carriage with smoke and causing the driver to stop at Takenami station.
The students were on their way to go camping. The boy in question told police, “I was just joking and was going to pretend to light it, but I accidentally lit it for real. I’m really sorry for having caused trouble.”