Twin brothers die in Sapporo apartment fire

SAPPORO —

Twin brothers, aged 30, died after a fire destroyed their apartment in Sapporo on Friday morning.

According to police, the fire broke out at around 5:30 a.m. in the wooden three-story building in Teine Ward, TBS reported. After firefighters extinguished the blaze, the two brothers were taken to hospital where they were pronounced dead due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

Police said the fire probably started due to a kerosene heater in the livingroom. A pile of rubbish near the heater is believed to have caught fire.

Japan Today

  • 0

    Nessie

    A pile of rubbish near the heater is believed to have caught fire.

    A couple of years ago they added miscellaneous paper to the gomi sorting rules and made people by special trash bags as a hidden tax. I always wondered whether this had an affect on the number of home fires.

  • -2

    basroil

    Police said the fire probably started due to a kerosene heater in the livingroom.

    The carbon monoxide poisoning probably also started from the kerosene heater. Sadly it happens every year, and likely more so now that people don't want to turn on their central systems or use electric ceramic heaters (which are far more safe) due to HEPCO asking for cutbacks.

  • -1

    Cos

    that people don't want to turn on their central systems

    Central nani ?

Login to leave a comment

OR
Internship Provides Real-world Experience and Skills (Student interview)

Internship Provides Real-world Experience and Skills (Student interview)

Temple University, Japan CampusContinuing Education / MBA

Special Offers

Work
in Japan

Search the Largest English Job Board in Japan.

Find a Job Now!

More in National

View all

View all

Japan Investment
Properties

Listings Updated Daily

Search